The Snow Junkies are looking for editors to report on ticket deals and ski area news in the Midwest (WI, MI, IL) and the Mid-Atlantic (NY, NJ, PA). Our readers tend to be as poor as us, so this is an unpaid gig. Why do it? Maybe you’re passionate about the mountains and sharing your experiences. That’s why we do it. Well, that and the free lift tickets.
Here’s what we need:
- 2-3 posts a week about what’s happening in your region.
- Photo essays and stories when you go skiing/riding.
- Help grow our new message boards.
Here’s what you get:
- A byline and author page to show off your work.
- Free lift tickets.
- Schwag and prodeals.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- A snow bum who skis/rides at least a couple times a week.
- Obviously Internet savvy: access to a computer, camera, etc…
- We don’t care how you get down the hill — as long as it isn’t snowblades.
Here’s how you get the job:
Send the following to email@example.com —
- A 50-200 word sample about a deal in your area that we haven’t covered.
- A 150-300 word sample about the last ski hill you rode.
- 2-3 photos of you shredding.
Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you.
— The Chief Junkie