If you’ve ever been to Boston, then you know that the streets must have been designed by drunk morons. A short trip to nearby Wachusett Mountain can take half the day with Boston traffic — unless you take the Ski Train which leaves from North Station and drops off at the commuter rail station. They even have a “ski car” to store your stuff.
Here’s the lowdown:
- The weekend “ski train” service will leave North Station at 8:35 a.m. and arrive at the Fitchburg commuter rail station at 10:06 a.m.
- Wachusett Mountain will pick up skiers and riders and shuttle directly to the mountain, approximately 20 minutes away.
- Wachusett will then shuttle customers at 4:45 p.m. back to the Fitchburg station for a 5:35 p.m. departure back to Boston.
- The season service runs from Dec. 10 through March 31. Each train includes a designated “ski” car that will allow for easy storage of ski or snowboard equipment.
- “Ski Train” fare – $7.75 one-way (subject to change)