Running Times: Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 10:00 am to 1:00pm
Access: Tucker Mountain.
More Info: Copper website
Running Times: 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
Access: The Outback’s Bowls
More Info: Keystone website
Running Times: All day throughout the season. Check the calendar.
Access: 900 acres of backcountry just ouside Monarch ski boundaries.
More Info: Monarch website
Running Times: All Day 9am to 4pm throughout the season.
Access: Chicago Ridge.
More Info: Ski Cooper website
The Deal: Join the Snow Day Team for $99, then everytime it snows more than four inches you get to ski/ride for free
The Mountain: Copper Mountain, CO
Our Take: Passes are so cheap in Summit County that you can ride all season for only a few hundred dollars. Still, it’s Colorado and if you’re a spoiled little rider/skier (like our entire staff), you probably don’t even get out bed for less than six inches. The no blackout dates is key as well as two guaranteed free days. Consider grabbing this pass if you live within an hour of Copper. If you’re planning a trip out to Colorado, you have to decide if $99 is worth the gamble.
More Info: Copper Mountain]]>
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Tuesday, Feb 10 @ Attitash, NH: A typical deal usually has a hook. This one has zero explantion for $35 tickets all ages. We’re not complaining.
Wednesday, Feb 11 @ Sugarbush, VT: We almost missed this one too. Bring in an empty Vitamin Water bottle and get a ½ off lift ticket.
Thursday, Feb 12 @ Sierra-at-Tahoe, CA: The final day of Snowsports week to get a $35 ticket.
Thursday, Feb 12 @ Squaw, CA: Do you live in Truckee-Reno area? $25 tickets for locals.
Friday, Feb 13 @ Sugarbush, VT: Here’s some good luck on an unlucky day. Tickets are only $14.
Friday, Feb 13 @ Belleayre, NY: Once a month, these New Yorkers say thanks with a $25 ticket.
Saturday, Feb 14 @ Loveland, CO: Get hitched and get a free lift ticket at Loveland. Twofer $56. All you got to is get married in a mass ceremony.
Saturday, Feb 14 @ Ski Camelback, PA: Maybe our favorite promo of all time. The first 50 adults that show up in full pirate gear get a FREE ticket.
Monday, Feb 15 @ Winter Park & Copper, CO: According to the site, the Phillips 66 Buy One, Get One Free is valid today. We’re not sure if you believe that.
Tue-Thu, Feb 16-18 @ Killington, VT: The most irritating deal we found this week. Buy a ticket on 2/9 for $50 or on 2/10 for $55 or on 2/11 for $60 and go skiing 2/16-20. Makes sense, right?
NEW DEALS THIS WEEK
West Coast: Squaw Valley, CA feels your pain state workers. $30 ticket on the first and third Friday until that crazy old budget gets fixed.
2 for 1 New England: Beer promos are the best promos. Drink some tasty Otter Creek, get a midweek twofer at Mad River Glen, Bromley, Bolton, or Jay Peak.
Rocky Mountains: Bring in a new pair of socks to Powder Mountain, UT on 2/26 and get a $40 ticket.
West Coast: Mt. Bachelor, OR announced a $29 midweek ticket. You got to buy it online.
* Denotes the Shell 2 for 1 Deal — find more information here.
** Denotes the Phillips 66 2 for 1 Deal — find more information here.
Lookout Pass: Monday, Thursday*
Brundage Mountain: Tuesday*
Schweitzer: Tuesday *
Pebble Creek: Monday(no voucher), Wednesday*
Silver Mountain: Thursday*
Soldier Mountain: Thursday*
Kelly Canyon (nights): Tuesday, Thursday
49 Degrees North: Monday*
Stevens Pass (nights): Monday, Thursday*
Mt. Spokane: Tuesday, Thursday*
Loup Loup: Wednesday*
Mission Ridge: Thursday*
Ski Bluewood: Thursday*
Mt. Shasta: Tuesday, Wednesday*
Timberline Lodge: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday*
Mt. Hood Meadows (nights): Wednesday*
Hoodoo: Thursday, Friday*
Mt. Ashland (nights): Thursday, Friday*
Ski Anthony Lakes: Friday*
Spout Springs (nights): Friday*
Willamette Pass (nights): Friday*
Grand Targhee, WY: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday*
Copper: Sunday through Friday except March 14-29**
Monarch: Every day except Feb 14-15, March 14-22**
Powderhorn: Monday thru Thursday except Feb 16, March 9-12**
Winter Park: Sunday through Friday except March 14-29**
Mt. Rose: Tuesday
Hey! These are deals from the 2009/2009 ski season. We’re working on a brand new spanking list for 2010. In the meantime, check out the best deals so far from this season right here.
Happy New Year Snow Junkies. It’s going to be a busy four months. Lots of snow left to ride and tons of deals popping up. Our gift to you in 2009 is 50 of our favorite lift ticket deals coming up in the next four months.
Our resolution: Never pay full price for a lift ticket.
TOP 50 LIFT TICKET DEALS
1. Fly into Utah, get a free lift ticket for that day at the Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley.
2. Diesel Days at Cranmore. Drive in your hybrid and get a free ticket on 1/24 and 3/21.
3. 29 days for $29 at Homewood during the rest of the season.
4. Ride locally. Almost every mountain offers a deal to local residents.
5. Get a face full of pow with the Pow Pow Platter. One ticket each to Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat for $129.
6. Get $25 tickets for helping out schools in Truckee, California. Discounted tickets for Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Homewood, Squaw, and Alpine Meadows.
7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wear green to Mad River Glen and get a $17 dollar ticket on 3/17. No green? Head over to Waterville who will still give you a $17 ticket.
8. The Snow Junkies Deal Calendar. We’ve got one for New England, Mid-Atlantic, West Coast, and the Rockies. Every deal we could scrounge up on the web.
9. Non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Lots of resorts give a deeply discounted ticket after all the tourists head home.
10. Steal a Toyota and ride for free in the Northwest at Toyota Ski Free Days.
11. Might as well fill up that Toyota at Shell and get a 2 for 1 voucher good at 28 resorts.
12. If you’re heading out to Tahoe, you absolutely need to pick up a Tahoe Card.
13. Ski Anthony Lakes celebrates their last day on 4/19 with a free ticket when you bring in a food donation.
14. Pinheads get their own day at Saddleback. Ride for $25 every Tuesday.
15. Liftopia is awesome. Grab a discounted lift ticket and save some cash.
16. Ladies ski free on 2/2 at Ski Sawmill. Don’t worry fellas. You can ski for free at Sawmill on 2/9. As long as you dress up like a woman. No questions.
17. Make any purchase at a Treasure Valley Chevron (gum anyone?) and get $10 night tickets, $10 rentals, and $10 lessons at Bogus Basin.
18. Move to New Hampshire and become a local. Okemo, Ascutney, Tenny, and Mt. Sunapee all hook you up when you flash a NH driver’s license.
19. Bridger Bowl’s birthday is on 1/16. Stuff four people into a car and everyone gets $15 tickets.
20. Help promote avalanche awareness in California by buying a discounted ticket from SAC.
21. Ski Wisp Mountain on 1/22 for $10.
22. Or save a dollar and ski Wildcat for $9 on 1/23.
23. Ride on any Tuesday. We call it the Day of Deals. Tuesday has the best ticket prices of the week and the most deals. Our calendar doesn’t lie.
24. Bust out your neon pants on 3/28 for Retro Day at Magic Mountain…and a $35 ticket.
25. April Fools! Ski for $1 at Waterville, 1/2 off at Mad River Glen, or 2 for 1 at Bromley.
26. Ski Butternut lets you ride for $20 every single day in April, including weekends.
27. Ride free on your birthday. Because it’s your special day.
28. Ski Mt. Hood Skibowl for free on 3/20 when you bring four cans of food.
29. Stop by Pinnacle Sports and grab a cheap ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
30. Dress up in any costume at Shawnee and get a free ticket on 3/22.
31. Hey ladies! Most areas offer a midweek ladies specials. Check the calendar to find one.
32. Roll back the clock at Mad River with $3.50 tickets on 1/27 or Cranmore with $3.30 tix on 1/9.
33. East Coasters — make sure you’re hitting all the 2 for 1 deals in New England.
34. Cram as many people into your vehicle and carpool to the mountain. Go Mother Nature!
35. $9.93 tickets at Jack Frost on 1/9 for a radio station promo.
36. Boston college kids can pile into a Zipcar and take it to Waterville in January. $30 tickets and free rentals.
37. Get a business card and take advantage of Business Person Day during the midweek.
38. Never been on the hill? January is Learn to Ski and Ride Month. 23 states offering super deals on tickets, rentals, and lessons.
39. Grab a button from the Point and get cheap days in Vermont.
40. You already know about the fifty gallon drums of peanut butter you can get at Costco, but did you know they also sell discounted lift tickets?
41. Test drive a Chevy and get a free lift ticket to Alpine Meadows. Sounds easy enough.
42. Frequency Card at Big Sky. $130 dollars gets you seven free days at the end of the season…and it has been dumping out there all year.
43. Bromley hooks mothers up on 2/6 with a $15 ticket…or ski with two kids on Fridays for only $75.
44. More gas station hookups. Buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66, get a 2 for 1 voucher good at Monarch, Copper, Powderhorn, or Winter Park.
45. The Weekend Xtender at Mt. Rose gives you Monday or Friday free when you pay for Saturday and Sunday. Or to break it down — $128 for three days.
46. Discounted tickets in the West if you belong to REI.
47. Pico Mountain has E-specials on their site. This week they’re selling 24 tickets for $24 each.
48. Ski Chalet customer appreciation days: Thursday 1/15 $2 Timberline, WV; Thursday 1/22 $10 Wisp, Md; Thursday 2/5 $15 Liberty Mtn, PA; Thursday 2/12 Whitetail, PA $15.
49. The Zumiez bonus pack is a steal for $25. Comes with a 2 for 1 at Heavenly, t-shirt, and a DVD. Gift the goodies, keep the twofer for yourself. You deserve it.
50. The Snow Junkies. Enough said.
But our favorite discount cards are the ones that work at multiple resorts. Here are five deals that may have slipped under your radar. They give you free or discounted lift tickets, lodging deals, and free tune-ups. As always, it’s a good idea to doublecheck our findings — It’s New Year’s Eve and we started our celebration a little early.
The Ride and Ski New England Card
This card benefits the Childern’s Hospital in Dartmouth. It comes with two free lift tickets to Cranmore and Waterville Valley and a mess of discounts to 22 resorts in the East.
Tahoe Card from Snowbomb
One of our favorite cards. It’s $39.99 for the next four days, then kicks up to the regular price of $80. You get a free ticket to Donner Ranch, free rentals, free tune-ups, discounted tickets and lodging, and a one year subscription to Transworld Snowboarder or Skiing. Phew…
White Gold Card
For only $189 dollars you get a free lift ticket to 29 resorts in the Michigan area. The first person to ski all 29 gets a free card for next year. Roadtrip!
ALA Ski Card 2009
We stumbled across this card the other day on the Internet and had to post it. $130 for 11 tickets at resorts in New Mexico and Colorado. Only 1000 of these cards for sale from the American Lung Association of New Mexico. This one you’ll want to double check. The site doesn’t excactly scream legitimate ski deal.
Pow Pow Platter
It’s not a discount card, but it’s such a good deal we had to post it somewhere. A sampler of three mountains — Steamboat Springs, Copper, and Winter Park. $99 for one lift ticket to each resort. Plus, you get a to-go container gift box. After Jan. 3, the price goes up to $129.
What discount card are you rocking this season? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.]]>
Carpooling is awesome. It saves gas money, as well as vehicle wear and tear. It alleviates traffic. It helps keep the Earth clean.
Oh, and some resorts will give you some sweet deals for stuffing you and all your friends (and all their) gear into one ride. We dug up nine resorts offering perks for leaving your car at home. Click on the orange links to get more information.
Shawnee Peak, ME: Mondays $75/carload
Mondays are Carload Dayz at Shawnee. Get to the mountain before 11am and everyone in the car gets a lift ticket for $75. Everyone must be riding legally.
Ragged Mountain, NH: Wednesday $99/carload
Bring a carload of people to ‘get ragged’ and the whole car skis for $99 (up to 8 passengers). Only good on non-holiday Wednesdays.
Mt. Abram, ME: Fridays $75/carload
Best reason we’ve found to skip work/school and start the weekend early. No special pricing during Christmas holiday week, MLK weekend, and President’s weekend.
Jiminy Peak, MA: FREE Ticket/4 person carpool
This only takes place on January 9-10. Fill out the online coupon, arrive before 10am with 4 or more people in the car, and a ticket from last year to get one FREE ticket.
Araphoe Basin, CO: Discounted tickets
Carpool up the dreaded I-70 with four or more people and receive discounted lift tickets at the window. Can’t find a ride? Check out www.skicarpool.com
Snow Summit & Bear Mountain, CA: Discounted tickets
Check online for special carpool days (none listed yet). Typical deal is cars with two or more people get 10% off tickets, rentals, and food. Each site has an excellent rideshare board.
Waterville Valley, NH: All Season / Discounted Tickets
Pick up a car from Zipcar, a carsharing service, drive to Waterville and everyone in the car gets a $15 discount off lift tickets and $28 rentals.
Aspen Highlands, CO: All Season/ Free Parking
High Occupancy Vehicles (4 or more People) park for FREE at Aspen Highlands.
THE EPIC PASS
Resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek, Keystone, Heavenly, and A-Basin
The Scoop: Vail Resorts really wants your business. Unlimited riding at all their resorts. No blackout dates. Consider that a season pass just to Vail costs $1800.
Where to Buy: Vail Resorts site
Offer Expires: 11/15
THE SUPER PASS
Resorts: Copper, Winter Park (Steamboat, Whistler with Super Pass Plus)
The Scoop: Intrawest fires back with their value pass. We recommend you cough up the extra $20 for the Super Pass Plus, which give you 6 days with Friday afternoons at Steamboat and with two free Whistler Blackcomb tickets.
Where to Buy: You have to pick up the Super Pass in person. Check the Superpass site for locations.
Offer Expires: 11/23
THE COLORADO GEM CARD
Resorts: Arapahoe Basin, Echo Mountain, Eldora, Loveland, Monarch, Powderhorn, Ski Cooper, SolVista Basin, Sunlight
The Scoop: The smaller resorts band together to offer discounts at nine mountains. For ten bucks, there’s no reason not to pick up this card. Deals include free days, 2 for 1, and daily discounts.
Buy it: ColoradoSki.com
Where are you finding deals this November? Let us know at email@example.com or drop a comment below.]]>