King Pine Ski Area
Pats Peak Ski Area
Ragged Mountain Resort
The Mountains: 48 ski areas in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Massachusetts. See full list below.
The Dates: Program ends on March 31, 2010
The Details: Pick up on the certificate you need at a local Mobil. It will have all the details listed below on the participating areas and blackout dates. Each time you fill up, a sales associate will attach your receipt and a Ski Free stamp to the certificate. When you’ve got all three stamps, bring it to the mountain.
How To Ski / Ride Free on Your Birthday
2 for 1: New England
2 for 1: West Coast
Lift Ticket Deals for Ladies
Lift Ticket Deals for Men
Carpooling Saves The Earth…And Money
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Friday, Mar 20 @ Wildcat, NH: Wildcat is having another day of insanely cheap tickets courtesy of Liftopia (see below for link.)
Friday, Mar 20 @ Mt. Hood Skibowl, OR: 4 cans of food gets you a FREE lift ticket. Just 4 cans to help out a local charity.
Saturday, Mar 21 @ Sugar Bowl, CA: Keep going with the giving spirit. $25 tickets to help out local schools.
Sat & Sun, Mar 21-22 @ Bromley, VT: Spring is in the air. Go celebrate at Bromley’s Spring Fling Weekend. $39 tickets on either day.
Sat & Sun, Mar 21-22 @ Ski Brule, MI: Here’s aother party for all you Midwest Snow Junkies. Tickets are half price all weekend – and there’s a mattress race, which sounds awesome.
Sat & Sun, Mar 21-22 @ Killington, VT: There are still some 50th birthday ticket deals online. Two day tickets for $100.
Saturday, Mar 21 @ Cranmore, NH: More kickbacks for going green. Drivers of hybrids get a FREE ticket.
Sunday, Mar 22 @ Shawnee Mountain, PA: Time to dust off the gorilla suit. Everyone in costume gets a FREE ticket at the 26th Annual Costume Carnival Day.
Monday, Mar 23 @ Jiminy Peak MA: Check out this e-coupon which gets you a $6 lift ticket.
We usually don’t care what kind gets us to the mountain as long as it gets us there. But for weeks, we’ve been noticing that certain brands of vehicles can snag you cheap lift tickets. Combine the following deals with our previous car themed article and you will get some seriously discounted tickets.
Oh, and the pic on the side isn’t photoshopped. That really is a Subaru and two snowboarders hucking off a jump for a 2007 Snowboarder magazine cover.
Ski FREE FRIDAYS with Toyota
Drive a Toyota vehicle to your favorite ski area and receive a FREE lift ticket courtesy of Toyota. Silver Mountain 1/23; Schweitzer Mountain 1/30; Mt. Spokane 2/6; Lookout Pass – February 2/20; 49 Degrees North 2/27
Subaru Days at Massanutten Resort
On January 4 and March 1, 2009, show your Subaru car key at the ticket windows and save $20 per person on a Full Session Slope-Use Ticket. Discount valid for the entire family.
Free Pair of Tickets at Bretton Woods
Take a test drive at your local New England Buick, Pontiac or GMC dealer, now through Jan 31, and you’ll receive a free pair of Bretton Woods lift tickets.
Cranmore will host two Biodiesel Days
Drivers of hybrid vehicles will receive a free lift ticket for the dayas well as free VIP parking in the premiere lot. This event take place Saturday, March 21, 2009. Drivers are required to present an auto registration for their hybrid vehicle to receive the free ticket.
Deals for the Big Cars
Ski areas offer all sorts of deals for cramming as many people as you can into one vehicle. Read all about it right here.
Is your ride rocking a deal? We want to know. Send an email to us or leave a comment below.]]>
Thursday, Jan 22 @ Wisp Resort, MD: Let’s kick off the week with a $10 ticket to Wisp. Pick up in advance.
Thursday, Jan 22 @ Beech Mountain, NC: It’s ladies’ day every Thursday at Beech which means a free ticket–one of the many specials for women skiers and riders around the US.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Wildcat, NH: We love parties. Especially ones with $9 lift tickets.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Silver Mountain, ID: Drive up in a Toyota and get a free ticket.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Elk Mountain, PA: Here’s a $20 ticket to Elk Mountain from local ski shop Salters.
Saturday, Jan 24 @ Cranmore, NH: Drive a hybrid? Bring it to Cranmore and get a free lift ticket.
Sunday, Jan 25 @ Northstar-at-Tahoe, CA: The Sierra Avalanche Center fundraiser will hook you up with a $40 discounted ticket.
Tuesday, Jan 27 @ Mad River Glen, VT: MRG rolls back ticket prices to their 1948 rate of $3.50.
Tue & Wed, Jan 27-28 @ Mt. Rose, NV: Another SAC event. This one with a $35 ticket.
Wednesday, Jan 28 @ Wolf Creek, CO: It’s Local Appreciation Day with $31 tickets. Not a local? No problem. No ID required.
Hey! These are deals from the 2009/2009 ski season. We’re working on a brand new spanking list for 2010. In the meantime, check out the best deals so far from this season right here.
Happy New Year Snow Junkies. It’s going to be a busy four months. Lots of snow left to ride and tons of deals popping up. Our gift to you in 2009 is 50 of our favorite lift ticket deals coming up in the next four months.
Our resolution: Never pay full price for a lift ticket.
TOP 50 LIFT TICKET DEALS
1. Fly into Utah, get a free lift ticket for that day at the Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley.
2. Diesel Days at Cranmore. Drive in your hybrid and get a free ticket on 1/24 and 3/21.
3. 29 days for $29 at Homewood during the rest of the season.
4. Ride locally. Almost every mountain offers a deal to local residents.
5. Get a face full of pow with the Pow Pow Platter. One ticket each to Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat for $129.
6. Get $25 tickets for helping out schools in Truckee, California. Discounted tickets for Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Homewood, Squaw, and Alpine Meadows.
7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wear green to Mad River Glen and get a $17 dollar ticket on 3/17. No green? Head over to Waterville who will still give you a $17 ticket.
8. The Snow Junkies Deal Calendar. We’ve got one for New England, Mid-Atlantic, West Coast, and the Rockies. Every deal we could scrounge up on the web.
9. Non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Lots of resorts give a deeply discounted ticket after all the tourists head home.
10. Steal a Toyota and ride for free in the Northwest at Toyota Ski Free Days.
11. Might as well fill up that Toyota at Shell and get a 2 for 1 voucher good at 28 resorts.
12. If you’re heading out to Tahoe, you absolutely need to pick up a Tahoe Card.
13. Ski Anthony Lakes celebrates their last day on 4/19 with a free ticket when you bring in a food donation.
14. Pinheads get their own day at Saddleback. Ride for $25 every Tuesday.
15. Liftopia is awesome. Grab a discounted lift ticket and save some cash.
16. Ladies ski free on 2/2 at Ski Sawmill. Don’t worry fellas. You can ski for free at Sawmill on 2/9. As long as you dress up like a woman. No questions.
17. Make any purchase at a Treasure Valley Chevron (gum anyone?) and get $10 night tickets, $10 rentals, and $10 lessons at Bogus Basin.
18. Move to New Hampshire and become a local. Okemo, Ascutney, Tenny, and Mt. Sunapee all hook you up when you flash a NH driver’s license.
19. Bridger Bowl’s birthday is on 1/16. Stuff four people into a car and everyone gets $15 tickets.
20. Help promote avalanche awareness in California by buying a discounted ticket from SAC.
21. Ski Wisp Mountain on 1/22 for $10.
22. Or save a dollar and ski Wildcat for $9 on 1/23.
23. Ride on any Tuesday. We call it the Day of Deals. Tuesday has the best ticket prices of the week and the most deals. Our calendar doesn’t lie.
24. Bust out your neon pants on 3/28 for Retro Day at Magic Mountain…and a $35 ticket.
25. April Fools! Ski for $1 at Waterville, 1/2 off at Mad River Glen, or 2 for 1 at Bromley.
26. Ski Butternut lets you ride for $20 every single day in April, including weekends.
27. Ride free on your birthday. Because it’s your special day.
28. Ski Mt. Hood Skibowl for free on 3/20 when you bring four cans of food.
29. Stop by Pinnacle Sports and grab a cheap ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
30. Dress up in any costume at Shawnee and get a free ticket on 3/22.
31. Hey ladies! Most areas offer a midweek ladies specials. Check the calendar to find one.
32. Roll back the clock at Mad River with $3.50 tickets on 1/27 or Cranmore with $3.30 tix on 1/9.
33. East Coasters — make sure you’re hitting all the 2 for 1 deals in New England.
34. Cram as many people into your vehicle and carpool to the mountain. Go Mother Nature!
35. $9.93 tickets at Jack Frost on 1/9 for a radio station promo.
36. Boston college kids can pile into a Zipcar and take it to Waterville in January. $30 tickets and free rentals.
37. Get a business card and take advantage of Business Person Day during the midweek.
38. Never been on the hill? January is Learn to Ski and Ride Month. 23 states offering super deals on tickets, rentals, and lessons.
39. Grab a button from the Point and get cheap days in Vermont.
40. You already know about the fifty gallon drums of peanut butter you can get at Costco, but did you know they also sell discounted lift tickets?
41. Test drive a Chevy and get a free lift ticket to Alpine Meadows. Sounds easy enough.
42. Frequency Card at Big Sky. $130 dollars gets you seven free days at the end of the season…and it has been dumping out there all year.
43. Bromley hooks mothers up on 2/6 with a $15 ticket…or ski with two kids on Fridays for only $75.
44. More gas station hookups. Buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66, get a 2 for 1 voucher good at Monarch, Copper, Powderhorn, or Winter Park.
45. The Weekend Xtender at Mt. Rose gives you Monday or Friday free when you pay for Saturday and Sunday. Or to break it down — $128 for three days.
46. Discounted tickets in the West if you belong to REI.
47. Pico Mountain has E-specials on their site. This week they’re selling 24 tickets for $24 each.
48. Ski Chalet customer appreciation days: Thursday 1/15 $2 Timberline, WV; Thursday 1/22 $10 Wisp, Md; Thursday 2/5 $15 Liberty Mtn, PA; Thursday 2/12 Whitetail, PA $15.
49. The Zumiez bonus pack is a steal for $25. Comes with a 2 for 1 at Heavenly, t-shirt, and a DVD. Gift the goodies, keep the twofer for yourself. You deserve it.
50. The Snow Junkies. Enough said.
Thursday, Jan 8 @ Squaw, CA: Skip work and get a $25 ticket to anyone that works in the Tahoe-Truckee-Reno area.
Friday, Jan 9 @ Cranmore, NH: Grab your change. $3.30 tickets to celebrate Cranmore’s birthday.
Friday, Jan 9 @ Elk Mountain, PA: Local store Buckmans is selling $24.95 tickets for 1/9.
Friday, Jan 9 @ Belleayre, NY: $25 lift ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
Friday, Jan 9 @ Moonlight Basin, MT: Moonlight says thanks for the last five years with a $15 ticket for MT residents.
Friday, Jan 9 @ Jack Frost, PA: Party on the slopes with a $9.93 ticket and win a chance to see Metallica. Rock on! You got to sign up backstage at their site.
Sat & Sun, Jan 10-11 @ Hunter Mountain, NY: 50th Anniversary Special and you don’t have to bring a gift. Buy one regular price ticket and get another for $19.59 to use anytime during the rest of the season.
Sunday, Jan 11 @ Sugar Bowl, CA: Click here to pre-purchase a $25 charity ticket to Sugar Bowl.
Monday, Jan 12 @ Bear Creek, PA: You have until 1/10 to pick up your $15.95 discounted ticket at Pinnacle Sports…it also comes with two drink tickets for your drinking pleasure.
Monday, Jan 12 @ Lookout Pass, ID: Drive in with a Toyota, get a free lift ticket. Leave with a smile.
Tuesday, Jan 13 @ USA: Over 40 deals at ski resorts posted on our lift ticket deal calendar.
Wednesday, Jan 14 @ Breckenridge, CO: This local radio station is having their Humpday Hooky at Breckenridge. No idea what it means except for $11 lift tickets. Say hi to Uncle Nasty.]]>
But our favorite discount cards are the ones that work at multiple resorts. Here are five deals that may have slipped under your radar. They give you free or discounted lift tickets, lodging deals, and free tune-ups. As always, it’s a good idea to doublecheck our findings — It’s New Year’s Eve and we started our celebration a little early.
The Ride and Ski New England Card
This card benefits the Childern’s Hospital in Dartmouth. It comes with two free lift tickets to Cranmore and Waterville Valley and a mess of discounts to 22 resorts in the East.
Tahoe Card from Snowbomb
One of our favorite cards. It’s $39.99 for the next four days, then kicks up to the regular price of $80. You get a free ticket to Donner Ranch, free rentals, free tune-ups, discounted tickets and lodging, and a one year subscription to Transworld Snowboarder or Skiing. Phew…
White Gold Card
For only $189 dollars you get a free lift ticket to 29 resorts in the Michigan area. The first person to ski all 29 gets a free card for next year. Roadtrip!
ALA Ski Card 2009
We stumbled across this card the other day on the Internet and had to post it. $130 for 11 tickets at resorts in New Mexico and Colorado. Only 1000 of these cards for sale from the American Lung Association of New Mexico. This one you’ll want to double check. The site doesn’t excactly scream legitimate ski deal.
Pow Pow Platter
It’s not a discount card, but it’s such a good deal we had to post it somewhere. A sampler of three mountains — Steamboat Springs, Copper, and Winter Park. $99 for one lift ticket to each resort. Plus, you get a to-go container gift box. After Jan. 3, the price goes up to $129.
What discount card are you rocking this season? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.]]>