Sunday River is slated to open in mid-November.]]>
Double check all deals with the ski areas. There will be blackout days. They generally are Christmas Week, MLK weekend, and President’s Day week. If looking at the calendar is making you bug-eyed (there’s a grip of deals in there), then check out the following links:
Vermont Ski Area Deals
New Hampshire Ski Area Deals
Maine Ski Area Deals
Lower New England Ski Area Deals
Do you know of any deals we missed? Let us know on our tip line and we’ll get the deal into calendar as soon as we can. It’s an expensive sport, but working together will help us keep the costs down.
[via New England Lift Ticket Deal Calendar]]]>
Last week, we received an email asking us if we knew of any special discounts for female skiers and snowboarders. Do we? Do we ever. Here are sixteen resorts, stretching from Idaho to Maine, that have weekly discounts. No weekend specials and no deals during holidays.
½ Off @ Ski Sawmill, PA
$25 @ Ragged Mountain, NH
$35 @ Saddleback, ME
$39 @ Okemo, VT
$35 @ Ski Roundtop, PA
$49 @ Mt. Sunapee, NH (includes lunch)
$18 @ Mt. Lacrosse, WI
$14 @ Mt. Hood Skibowl, OR (nights)
$39 @ Peek’n Peak, NY (free daycare)
$10 @ Off Blue Mountain, PA
$53 @ Hunter Mountain, NY (includes ticket, rental, lesson, lunch)
½ Off @ Ski Denton, PA
$25 @ Pebble Creek, ID
$35 @ Mt. Rose, NV
$20 @ Beech Mountain, NC
$35 @ Shawnee Peak, ME
2/5: $15 Bromley, VT (mothers only)
2/1: FREE Ski Sawmill, PA
Did we leave any sweet deals out? Drop us a comment at our tip hotline.]]>
[via Sugarloaf Official Site]]]>
Ski Maine has launched their Peak to Peak challenge for the 09/10 ski season. The goal: ski or ride every mountain in Maine. You’ve got the entire season and we’ll be keeping you up to date with the cheapest times to hit the slope.
Prizes include a Ski Maine VIP Pass, Double Pack, and a Solo Pack…as well as gear and other lift ticket booty.
During the 2009/10 winter season, we’re challenging skiers and snowboarders to try more Maine terrain. The challenge is simple: just keep track of your visits, and you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win big prizes, including lift tickets and winter gear. And with each new area you visit, the prize pot gets richer. Take this year’s challenge and next year might be on us.
[via Ski Maine]]]>
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Thursday, Feb 26 @ Ski Berkshire East, MA: Lots of weekly specials at this tiny Mass ski area starting with a $20 ticket for state residents every Thursday.
Thursday, Feb 26 @ Powder Mountain, UT: $40 ticket when you help out a local charity with a pair of brand new socks.
Thursday, Feb 26 @ New England: The ski areas have been blessed by the snow gods. Grab a great deal by checking our calendar.
Friday, Feb 27 @ Buena Vista, MN: It’s another Crazy 8 Friday nights starring $8 lift ticket, $8 ski rental, $8 tubing, and an $18 snowboard rental.
Saturday, Feb 28 @ Cannonsburg, MI: Bring in two cans of food and get a $15 night ticket.
Sunday, Feb 28 @ Shawnee Peak, ME: Here’s a great deal — get a $33 ticket when you show a Saturday lift ticket from any other ski area.
Sunday, Mar 1 @ Massanutten, VA: Flash your Subaru car keys at the ticket window and save $20 per person on a lift ticket. The discount is valid for the entire family.
Monday, Mar 2 @ Whaleback, NH: The Whale is extending its Throw Back Monday until the end of the season. That’s a 1970 ticket for only $7!
NEW DEALS THIS WEEK
New England: The Killington DealGrabber is in full swing. Buy in advance and get tickets under $50!
Mid-Atlantic: We just came across this Snow Day card. It costs $10 and gets 2 for 1 deals at 6 ski areas.
West Coast: Mt. Bachelor is offering a Buy 2 Days, Get 2 Free. Sounds good to us.
New England: Sugarbush has all sorts of goodies for their 50th anniversary. A $50 twofer. Dinner for 2 for $50. Two person private lesson for $50. You get the idea.
We’ve covered all the hookups that ladies get discounts on the ski hill. That led us to wonder: How about discounts for the fellas? Can’t say it was an easy task to track these down, but here are the resorts that give guys a cheap ticket.
$15 @ McCauley Mountain, NY
$25 @ Pebble Creek, ID
$12 Nights @ Nordic Mountain, WI
$25 @ Alpine Valley, WI
$ 14 Afternoon @ Holiday Mountain, NY
$40 Shawnee Peak, ME (with lunch)
March 8-12, 2010 Blue Mountain, PA: $39 Tickets for Men
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Monday-Friday, Feb 16-20 @ Kirkwood, CA: It’s Sno-Bama week! $44 tickets to Kirkwood with a coupon from Snowbomb.
Friday, Feb 20 @ Squaw Valley, CA: Furlough Friday is still on. $30 lift ticket for state workers that have been forced to take a three day weekend.
Friday, Feb 20 @ Lookout Pass, ID: The latest resort to jump on board with a FREE ticket for owning a Toyota.
Sunday, Feb 22 @ New England: Did you catch our article about Sunday afternoon deals?
Monday, Feb 23 @ Blue Mountain, PA: $24.95 ticket from Buckmans ski shop. These guys really appreciate their customers.
Tuesday, Feb 24 @ Mt. Bachelor, OR: One of the newer midweek deals. Go online and pick up a ticket for Tuesday-Thursday for only $29.
Tuesday, Feb 24 @ Grand Targhee, WY: We can verify that the Shell 2 for 1 coupon works like a charm. 2 tickets for $35 instead of the daily rate of $75.
Tuesday, Feb 24 @ Blue Knob, PA: It’s called Super Tuesday which means $20 tickets and nothing to do with politics.
Wednesday, Feb 25, @ Wolf Creek, CO: Show up and get a $31 ticket.
Wednesday, Feb 25 @ Saddleback, ME: Are you a man? Do you like to save money? How about a $25 ticket every Wednesday? Have you had enough questions?
LIFTOPIA.COM DEALS OF THE WEEK
Wildcat (New England)
Price: $40.58 (save 38%), Sun, 02/22/09
Price: $33.42 (save 49%), Mon-Fri 2/23/09-2/27/09
Price: $28.99 (save 55%), Sun 3/1/09
Smuggler’s Notch (Vermont)
Price: $44.99 (save 27%), Tue-Thu 2/24/09-2/26/09
Shawnee Mountain (Poconos, PA)
Price: $23.99 (save 52%!), Wed, 02/25/09
Moonlight Basin (Montana)
Price: $39.90 (save 11%!), Tue-Wed 2/24/09-2/25/09
The Canyons Canyons (Utah)
Price: $66.99 (save 17%!), Mon-Fri 2/23/09-2/27/09
Plattekill (New York/New Jersey)
Price: $35.00 (save 30%!), Wed-Thu 02/18/09-2/19/09
Purgatory at Durango (Colorado)
Price: $43.99 (save 29%!), Wed-Fri 02/18/09-2/20/09
Arapahoe Basin (Colorado)
Price: $46.99 (save 28%!), Mon-Thu 2/23/09-2/27/09
Crested Butte (Colorado)
Price: $63.00 (save 23%!), Sat-Sun 2/21/09-2/22/09
Price: $52.00 (save 37%!), Mon-Thu 2/23/09-2/27/09
Ragged Mountain (New England)
Price: $12.00 (save 76%!), Wed 2/25/09
NEW DEALS THIS WEEK
Mid-Atlantic: Bellayre Mountain, NY is offering a season pass for the second half of the season. The sweet part is that the pass is pro-rated so the price keeps dropping through March.
West Canada: It’s called the Day for Dudes at Mount Washington, BC. $62 gets you a lift ticket, a non-boring lesson, and hot chicks at apres-ski.
Rocky Mountains: Here’s a good one for Utah. Pick up a loyalty card from Maverik gas stations and get a $29 twilight ticket to Brighton on Thursdays.
New England: Killington, VT is selling 2 day tickets for $100 for 3/21-3/22 as part of their anniversary special.
$20 Afternoon NH Residents @ Tenney Mountain, NH (map)
Any New Hampshire resident can ski or ride Sundays* for just $20 for adults and $10 for teens and juniors. Valid after 12:30 p.m.with valid NH I.D. All daily specials are valid except these designated holiday periods: Dec 25th – 31st (Christmas Vacation Week) Jan 17th – 19th (Martin Luther King Weekend) Feb 14th – 22nd (President’s Vacation Week)
Hey! These are deals from the 2009/2009 ski season. We’re working on a brand new spanking list for 2010. In the meantime, check out the best deals so far from this season right here.
Happy New Year Snow Junkies. It’s going to be a busy four months. Lots of snow left to ride and tons of deals popping up. Our gift to you in 2009 is 50 of our favorite lift ticket deals coming up in the next four months.
Our resolution: Never pay full price for a lift ticket.
TOP 50 LIFT TICKET DEALS
1. Fly into Utah, get a free lift ticket for that day at the Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley.
2. Diesel Days at Cranmore. Drive in your hybrid and get a free ticket on 1/24 and 3/21.
3. 29 days for $29 at Homewood during the rest of the season.
4. Ride locally. Almost every mountain offers a deal to local residents.
5. Get a face full of pow with the Pow Pow Platter. One ticket each to Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat for $129.
6. Get $25 tickets for helping out schools in Truckee, California. Discounted tickets for Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Homewood, Squaw, and Alpine Meadows.
7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wear green to Mad River Glen and get a $17 dollar ticket on 3/17. No green? Head over to Waterville who will still give you a $17 ticket.
8. The Snow Junkies Deal Calendar. We’ve got one for New England, Mid-Atlantic, West Coast, and the Rockies. Every deal we could scrounge up on the web.
9. Non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Lots of resorts give a deeply discounted ticket after all the tourists head home.
10. Steal a Toyota and ride for free in the Northwest at Toyota Ski Free Days.
11. Might as well fill up that Toyota at Shell and get a 2 for 1 voucher good at 28 resorts.
12. If you’re heading out to Tahoe, you absolutely need to pick up a Tahoe Card.
13. Ski Anthony Lakes celebrates their last day on 4/19 with a free ticket when you bring in a food donation.
14. Pinheads get their own day at Saddleback. Ride for $25 every Tuesday.
15. Liftopia is awesome. Grab a discounted lift ticket and save some cash.
16. Ladies ski free on 2/2 at Ski Sawmill. Don’t worry fellas. You can ski for free at Sawmill on 2/9. As long as you dress up like a woman. No questions.
17. Make any purchase at a Treasure Valley Chevron (gum anyone?) and get $10 night tickets, $10 rentals, and $10 lessons at Bogus Basin.
18. Move to New Hampshire and become a local. Okemo, Ascutney, Tenny, and Mt. Sunapee all hook you up when you flash a NH driver’s license.
19. Bridger Bowl’s birthday is on 1/16. Stuff four people into a car and everyone gets $15 tickets.
20. Help promote avalanche awareness in California by buying a discounted ticket from SAC.
21. Ski Wisp Mountain on 1/22 for $10.
22. Or save a dollar and ski Wildcat for $9 on 1/23.
23. Ride on any Tuesday. We call it the Day of Deals. Tuesday has the best ticket prices of the week and the most deals. Our calendar doesn’t lie.
24. Bust out your neon pants on 3/28 for Retro Day at Magic Mountain…and a $35 ticket.
25. April Fools! Ski for $1 at Waterville, 1/2 off at Mad River Glen, or 2 for 1 at Bromley.
26. Ski Butternut lets you ride for $20 every single day in April, including weekends.
27. Ride free on your birthday. Because it’s your special day.
28. Ski Mt. Hood Skibowl for free on 3/20 when you bring four cans of food.
29. Stop by Pinnacle Sports and grab a cheap ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
30. Dress up in any costume at Shawnee and get a free ticket on 3/22.
31. Hey ladies! Most areas offer a midweek ladies specials. Check the calendar to find one.
32. Roll back the clock at Mad River with $3.50 tickets on 1/27 or Cranmore with $3.30 tix on 1/9.
33. East Coasters — make sure you’re hitting all the 2 for 1 deals in New England.
34. Cram as many people into your vehicle and carpool to the mountain. Go Mother Nature!
35. $9.93 tickets at Jack Frost on 1/9 for a radio station promo.
36. Boston college kids can pile into a Zipcar and take it to Waterville in January. $30 tickets and free rentals.
37. Get a business card and take advantage of Business Person Day during the midweek.
38. Never been on the hill? January is Learn to Ski and Ride Month. 23 states offering super deals on tickets, rentals, and lessons.
39. Grab a button from the Point and get cheap days in Vermont.
40. You already know about the fifty gallon drums of peanut butter you can get at Costco, but did you know they also sell discounted lift tickets?
41. Test drive a Chevy and get a free lift ticket to Alpine Meadows. Sounds easy enough.
42. Frequency Card at Big Sky. $130 dollars gets you seven free days at the end of the season…and it has been dumping out there all year.
43. Bromley hooks mothers up on 2/6 with a $15 ticket…or ski with two kids on Fridays for only $75.
44. More gas station hookups. Buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66, get a 2 for 1 voucher good at Monarch, Copper, Powderhorn, or Winter Park.
45. The Weekend Xtender at Mt. Rose gives you Monday or Friday free when you pay for Saturday and Sunday. Or to break it down — $128 for three days.
46. Discounted tickets in the West if you belong to REI.
47. Pico Mountain has E-specials on their site. This week they’re selling 24 tickets for $24 each.
48. Ski Chalet customer appreciation days: Thursday 1/15 $2 Timberline, WV; Thursday 1/22 $10 Wisp, Md; Thursday 2/5 $15 Liberty Mtn, PA; Thursday 2/12 Whitetail, PA $15.
49. The Zumiez bonus pack is a steal for $25. Comes with a 2 for 1 at Heavenly, t-shirt, and a DVD. Gift the goodies, keep the twofer for yourself. You deserve it.
50. The Snow Junkies. Enough said.