Last week, we received an email asking us if we knew of any special discounts for female skiers and snowboarders. Do we? Do we ever. Here are sixteen resorts, stretching from Idaho to Maine, that have weekly discounts. No weekend specials and no deals during holidays.
½ Off @ Ski Sawmill, PA
$25 @ Ragged Mountain, NH
$35 @ Saddleback, ME
$39 @ Okemo, VT
$35 @ Ski Roundtop, PA
$49 @ Mt. Sunapee, NH (includes lunch)
$18 @ Mt. Lacrosse, WI
$14 @ Mt. Hood Skibowl, OR (nights)
$39 @ Peek’n Peak, NY (free daycare)
$10 @ Off Blue Mountain, PA
$53 @ Hunter Mountain, NY (includes ticket, rental, lesson, lunch)
½ Off @ Ski Denton, PA
$25 @ Pebble Creek, ID
$35 @ Mt. Rose, NV
$20 @ Beech Mountain, NC
$35 @ Shawnee Peak, ME
2/5: $15 Bromley, VT (mothers only)
2/1: FREE Ski Sawmill, PA
Did we leave any sweet deals out? Drop us a comment at our tip hotline.]]>
Well, this is it for us — the last Deals of the Week before we go on summer vacation. 70 plus days and 13 ski areas has made this one hell of a season. Here are a few springtime deals for you to enjoy. We’ll be back next year with a redesigned site and even more content. Pray for snow!
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Thursday Apr 9 – Apr 16 @ Mt. Bachelor, OR: They’ve got some charity thing going on where you can get $25 tickets. They can explain it better here.
Saturday, Apr 11 @ Hunter, NY: Tickets are $19.59 to celebratethe the year of Hunter Mountain’s opening.
Sunday, Apr 12 @ Diamond Peak, NV: If you live within 50 miles, then you get a $20 discounted ticket.
Saturday, Apr 18 @ Killington,VT: Get online and pick up a 2-day ticket for only $50.
Sunday, Apr 19 @ Ski Anthony Lakes, OR: Celebrate closing day with a FREE ticket when you bring a food donation.
Monday, Apr 20 @ Stowe, VT: Celebrate 4/20 Day with a $20 ticket. You need to bring a non-perishable food dontation.
Updated for the 2010 Ski/Snowboard Season!
Spring is the time when the resorts bust out all the party stops. Free concerts and pond skimming and fireworks. There’s a gala every weekend from mid-March until the end of the season.
But which ones actually have ticket deals? Here’s the rundown of the best events coming this spring. A word of warning: You might have get dressed up. But it’s worth it to save some cash. Right?
March 17, 2010: Mad River Glen, VT
A St. Patrick’s Day special. Wear greeen and get hooked up with a $17 ticket.
March 20 and 21, 2010 :Bromley, VT
It’s Spring Fling Weekend. Lots of events like a card board box derby, pond skimming, and most important — $39 tickets on Saturday and Sunday.
March 21, 2010: Shawnee Mountain, PA
Those in cosutme receive a FREE lift ticket. There’s a costume parade and judging with prizes so don’t screw around.
March 21 and 22, 2010: Ski Brule, MI
Wear a costume and get ½ off tickets on both Saturday and Sunday. There is also going to be a petting zoo (weird), an egg toss (strange), and snow bowling (totally awesome).
March 20th, 2010: Mt. Rose, NV
The Dummy Downhill is back on. Whip up a costumed mechanical freak and get 4 free tickets for your hard work.
April 1, 2010: Waterville Valley, NH
No joke. Show up and ski or ride for $1. We love it.
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Thursday, Feb 5 @ Liberty, PA: Another dose of customer appreciation. $15 ticket from Ski Chalet.
Friday, Feb 6 @ Bromley, VT: Moms! Show a picture of your kid and get a $15 ticket.
Friday, Feb 6 @ Mt. Spokane, WA: Ride FREE with your Toyota. Don’t have one? Maybe this article will help.
Saturday, Feb 7 @ Mt. Rose, NV: $10 ticket for guys when you dress like a woman. Don’t forget about the “drag race.”
Sunday, Feb 8 @ Wolf Creek, CO: $31 ticket on their Local Appreciation Day.
Mon & Tues, Feb 10-11 @ Homewood, CA: 29 Days for $29 continues. We love this promotion.
Monday, Feb 9-12 @ Sierra, CA: $35 tickets during Snowsports Week.
Monday, Feb 9 @ Ski Sawmill, PA: Men get to ski FREE for the day. And you don’t have to get dressed up.
Tuesday, Feb 10 @ Schweitzer, ID: It’s a twofer Tuesday. Don’t live in Idaho? Can’t go on Tuesday? Here are all the 2 for 1 deals on the East Coast and the West Coast.
* Denotes the Shell 2 for 1 Deal — find more information here.
** Denotes the Phillips 66 2 for 1 Deal — find more information here.
Lookout Pass: Monday, Thursday*
Brundage Mountain: Tuesday*
Schweitzer: Tuesday *
Pebble Creek: Monday(no voucher), Wednesday*
Silver Mountain: Thursday*
Soldier Mountain: Thursday*
Kelly Canyon (nights): Tuesday, Thursday
49 Degrees North: Monday*
Stevens Pass (nights): Monday, Thursday*
Mt. Spokane: Tuesday, Thursday*
Loup Loup: Wednesday*
Mission Ridge: Thursday*
Ski Bluewood: Thursday*
Mt. Shasta: Tuesday, Wednesday*
Timberline Lodge: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday*
Mt. Hood Meadows (nights): Wednesday*
Hoodoo: Thursday, Friday*
Mt. Ashland (nights): Thursday, Friday*
Ski Anthony Lakes: Friday*
Spout Springs (nights): Friday*
Willamette Pass (nights): Friday*
Grand Targhee, WY: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday*
Copper: Sunday through Friday except March 14-29**
Monarch: Every day except Feb 14-15, March 14-22**
Powderhorn: Monday thru Thursday except Feb 16, March 9-12**
Winter Park: Sunday through Friday except March 14-29**
Mt. Rose: Tuesday
Thursday, Jan 22 @ Wisp Resort, MD: Let’s kick off the week with a $10 ticket to Wisp. Pick up in advance.
Thursday, Jan 22 @ Beech Mountain, NC: It’s ladies’ day every Thursday at Beech which means a free ticket–one of the many specials for women skiers and riders around the US.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Wildcat, NH: We love parties. Especially ones with $9 lift tickets.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Silver Mountain, ID: Drive up in a Toyota and get a free ticket.
Friday, Jan 23 @ Elk Mountain, PA: Here’s a $20 ticket to Elk Mountain from local ski shop Salters.
Saturday, Jan 24 @ Cranmore, NH: Drive a hybrid? Bring it to Cranmore and get a free lift ticket.
Sunday, Jan 25 @ Northstar-at-Tahoe, CA: The Sierra Avalanche Center fundraiser will hook you up with a $40 discounted ticket.
Tuesday, Jan 27 @ Mad River Glen, VT: MRG rolls back ticket prices to their 1948 rate of $3.50.
Tue & Wed, Jan 27-28 @ Mt. Rose, NV: Another SAC event. This one with a $35 ticket.
Wednesday, Jan 28 @ Wolf Creek, CO: It’s Local Appreciation Day with $31 tickets. Not a local? No problem. No ID required.
Hey! These are deals from the 2009/2009 ski season. We’re working on a brand new spanking list for 2010. In the meantime, check out the best deals so far from this season right here.
Happy New Year Snow Junkies. It’s going to be a busy four months. Lots of snow left to ride and tons of deals popping up. Our gift to you in 2009 is 50 of our favorite lift ticket deals coming up in the next four months.
Our resolution: Never pay full price for a lift ticket.
TOP 50 LIFT TICKET DEALS
1. Fly into Utah, get a free lift ticket for that day at the Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley.
2. Diesel Days at Cranmore. Drive in your hybrid and get a free ticket on 1/24 and 3/21.
3. 29 days for $29 at Homewood during the rest of the season.
4. Ride locally. Almost every mountain offers a deal to local residents.
5. Get a face full of pow with the Pow Pow Platter. One ticket each to Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat for $129.
6. Get $25 tickets for helping out schools in Truckee, California. Discounted tickets for Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Homewood, Squaw, and Alpine Meadows.
7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wear green to Mad River Glen and get a $17 dollar ticket on 3/17. No green? Head over to Waterville who will still give you a $17 ticket.
8. The Snow Junkies Deal Calendar. We’ve got one for New England, Mid-Atlantic, West Coast, and the Rockies. Every deal we could scrounge up on the web.
9. Non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Lots of resorts give a deeply discounted ticket after all the tourists head home.
10. Steal a Toyota and ride for free in the Northwest at Toyota Ski Free Days.
11. Might as well fill up that Toyota at Shell and get a 2 for 1 voucher good at 28 resorts.
12. If you’re heading out to Tahoe, you absolutely need to pick up a Tahoe Card.
13. Ski Anthony Lakes celebrates their last day on 4/19 with a free ticket when you bring in a food donation.
14. Pinheads get their own day at Saddleback. Ride for $25 every Tuesday.
15. Liftopia is awesome. Grab a discounted lift ticket and save some cash.
16. Ladies ski free on 2/2 at Ski Sawmill. Don’t worry fellas. You can ski for free at Sawmill on 2/9. As long as you dress up like a woman. No questions.
17. Make any purchase at a Treasure Valley Chevron (gum anyone?) and get $10 night tickets, $10 rentals, and $10 lessons at Bogus Basin.
18. Move to New Hampshire and become a local. Okemo, Ascutney, Tenny, and Mt. Sunapee all hook you up when you flash a NH driver’s license.
19. Bridger Bowl’s birthday is on 1/16. Stuff four people into a car and everyone gets $15 tickets.
20. Help promote avalanche awareness in California by buying a discounted ticket from SAC.
21. Ski Wisp Mountain on 1/22 for $10.
22. Or save a dollar and ski Wildcat for $9 on 1/23.
23. Ride on any Tuesday. We call it the Day of Deals. Tuesday has the best ticket prices of the week and the most deals. Our calendar doesn’t lie.
24. Bust out your neon pants on 3/28 for Retro Day at Magic Mountain…and a $35 ticket.
25. April Fools! Ski for $1 at Waterville, 1/2 off at Mad River Glen, or 2 for 1 at Bromley.
26. Ski Butternut lets you ride for $20 every single day in April, including weekends.
27. Ride free on your birthday. Because it’s your special day.
28. Ski Mt. Hood Skibowl for free on 3/20 when you bring four cans of food.
29. Stop by Pinnacle Sports and grab a cheap ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
30. Dress up in any costume at Shawnee and get a free ticket on 3/22.
31. Hey ladies! Most areas offer a midweek ladies specials. Check the calendar to find one.
32. Roll back the clock at Mad River with $3.50 tickets on 1/27 or Cranmore with $3.30 tix on 1/9.
33. East Coasters — make sure you’re hitting all the 2 for 1 deals in New England.
34. Cram as many people into your vehicle and carpool to the mountain. Go Mother Nature!
35. $9.93 tickets at Jack Frost on 1/9 for a radio station promo.
36. Boston college kids can pile into a Zipcar and take it to Waterville in January. $30 tickets and free rentals.
37. Get a business card and take advantage of Business Person Day during the midweek.
38. Never been on the hill? January is Learn to Ski and Ride Month. 23 states offering super deals on tickets, rentals, and lessons.
39. Grab a button from the Point and get cheap days in Vermont.
40. You already know about the fifty gallon drums of peanut butter you can get at Costco, but did you know they also sell discounted lift tickets?
41. Test drive a Chevy and get a free lift ticket to Alpine Meadows. Sounds easy enough.
42. Frequency Card at Big Sky. $130 dollars gets you seven free days at the end of the season…and it has been dumping out there all year.
43. Bromley hooks mothers up on 2/6 with a $15 ticket…or ski with two kids on Fridays for only $75.
44. More gas station hookups. Buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66, get a 2 for 1 voucher good at Monarch, Copper, Powderhorn, or Winter Park.
45. The Weekend Xtender at Mt. Rose gives you Monday or Friday free when you pay for Saturday and Sunday. Or to break it down — $128 for three days.
46. Discounted tickets in the West if you belong to REI.
47. Pico Mountain has E-specials on their site. This week they’re selling 24 tickets for $24 each.
48. Ski Chalet customer appreciation days: Thursday 1/15 $2 Timberline, WV; Thursday 1/22 $10 Wisp, Md; Thursday 2/5 $15 Liberty Mtn, PA; Thursday 2/12 Whitetail, PA $15.
49. The Zumiez bonus pack is a steal for $25. Comes with a 2 for 1 at Heavenly, t-shirt, and a DVD. Gift the goodies, keep the twofer for yourself. You deserve it.
50. The Snow Junkies. Enough said.