King Pine Ski Area
Pats Peak Ski Area
Ragged Mountain Resort
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Friday, Mar 27 @ Schweitzer, ID: It’s a $10 ticket benefit with 100% of the proceeds going to a local charity for cancer patients.
Saturday, Mar 28 @ Magic Mountain, VT: It’s Retro Day, which means a $35 ticket and the only time of year that your Members Only jacket is cool again.
Saturday, Mar 28 @ Ski Butternut, MA: $20 lift tickets in celebration of Jimmy Buffet. Yep, it’s a Parrot Head Festival at a ski area.
Sunday, Mar 29 @ Alpine Meadows, CA: The money from this $35 ticket benefits the Sierra Avalanche Center, an organization we need now more than ever.
Monday, Mar 30 @ 47 Degrees North, WA: It’s finally here. Seven days of FREE lift tickets and one of the best deals of the season.
Wednesday, Apr 1 @ Okemo, VT: We never joke about free tickets. Bring three cans of food and Okemo gives you a FREE ticket.
Wednesday, Apr 1 @ Mad River Glen, VT: The deals keep coming on April Fool’s Day. How about a ½ price ticket at MRG?
Wednesday, Apr 1 @ Waterville, NH: If you’re still not convinced you should be skipping work, we present the April Fool’s Dollar Day. $1 gets you 1 ticket.
PICKS OF THE WEEK
Friday, Mar 13 @ Wildcat, NH: A super cheap $9 ticket is being offered through Liftopia.com (see below for link).
Friday, Mar 13 @ Belleayre, NY: Once a month you can get a $20 ticket and today is that lucky day.
Friday, Mar 13 @ Bolton Valley, VT: You can slash ½ off the ticket price with your fancy schmancy Point Button.
Mar 15-17 @ Nordic Mountain, WI: It’s a St. Patty’s Party Weekend. Three days of $17 buck tickets.
Sunday, Mar 15 @ Homewood, CA: Skiing for schools has a radical $25 ticket offer.
Monday, Mar 16 @ Butternut, MA: Spring ski season begins! $20 tickets every day until the end of the season.
Tuesday, Mar 17 @ Stowe, VT: Stowe has hidden a pair of golden goggles on the mountain. Find it and you can win sweet stuff. And you can also ski/ride for $35.
Tuesday, Mar 17 @ Mad River Glen, VT: $17 ticket for dressing up in green. Because it’s St. Patrick’s Day.
Tuesday, Mar 17 @ Waterville Valley, NH: $17 ticket at Waterville and you can dress however you want.
Tuesday, Mar 17 @ Jiminy Peak, MA: $17 ticket at Jiminy. Are you getting the theme yet?
Diamond Peak, CA: If you live within fifty miles of DP, pick up a $20 ticket today (they should have gone with $17 like everyone else).
Wednesday, Mar 18 @ Grand Targhee, WY: Another 2 for 1 day is up and running.
NEW DEALS THIS WEEK
West Coast: There’s a week of free tickets at 49 Degrees North in Washington starting on 3/30.
West Coast: Homewood, CA has $5.00 discounts on lift tickets every Saturday. One big catch — you have to dress up.
New England: Tiny Jiminy Peak is offering some huge savings until the end of the season. 11 different e-coupons you can print out and save some cash.
Hey! These are deals from the 2009/2009 ski season. We’re working on a brand new spanking list for 2010. In the meantime, check out the best deals so far from this season right here.
Happy New Year Snow Junkies. It’s going to be a busy four months. Lots of snow left to ride and tons of deals popping up. Our gift to you in 2009 is 50 of our favorite lift ticket deals coming up in the next four months.
Our resolution: Never pay full price for a lift ticket.
TOP 50 LIFT TICKET DEALS
1. Fly into Utah, get a free lift ticket for that day at the Canyons, Park City, or Deer Valley.
2. Diesel Days at Cranmore. Drive in your hybrid and get a free ticket on 1/24 and 3/21.
3. 29 days for $29 at Homewood during the rest of the season.
4. Ride locally. Almost every mountain offers a deal to local residents.
5. Get a face full of pow with the Pow Pow Platter. One ticket each to Winter Park, Copper, and Steamboat for $129.
6. Get $25 tickets for helping out schools in Truckee, California. Discounted tickets for Sugar Bowl, Northstar, Homewood, Squaw, and Alpine Meadows.
7. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Wear green to Mad River Glen and get a $17 dollar ticket on 3/17. No green? Head over to Waterville who will still give you a $17 ticket.
8. The Snow Junkies Deal Calendar. We’ve got one for New England, Mid-Atlantic, West Coast, and the Rockies. Every deal we could scrounge up on the web.
9. Non-holiday Sunday afternoons. Lots of resorts give a deeply discounted ticket after all the tourists head home.
10. Steal a Toyota and ride for free in the Northwest at Toyota Ski Free Days.
11. Might as well fill up that Toyota at Shell and get a 2 for 1 voucher good at 28 resorts.
12. If you’re heading out to Tahoe, you absolutely need to pick up a Tahoe Card.
13. Ski Anthony Lakes celebrates their last day on 4/19 with a free ticket when you bring in a food donation.
14. Pinheads get their own day at Saddleback. Ride for $25 every Tuesday.
15. Liftopia is awesome. Grab a discounted lift ticket and save some cash.
16. Ladies ski free on 2/2 at Ski Sawmill. Don’t worry fellas. You can ski for free at Sawmill on 2/9. As long as you dress up like a woman. No questions.
17. Make any purchase at a Treasure Valley Chevron (gum anyone?) and get $10 night tickets, $10 rentals, and $10 lessons at Bogus Basin.
18. Move to New Hampshire and become a local. Okemo, Ascutney, Tenny, and Mt. Sunapee all hook you up when you flash a NH driver’s license.
19. Bridger Bowl’s birthday is on 1/16. Stuff four people into a car and everyone gets $15 tickets.
20. Help promote avalanche awareness in California by buying a discounted ticket from SAC.
21. Ski Wisp Mountain on 1/22 for $10.
22. Or save a dollar and ski Wildcat for $9 on 1/23.
23. Ride on any Tuesday. We call it the Day of Deals. Tuesday has the best ticket prices of the week and the most deals. Our calendar doesn’t lie.
24. Bust out your neon pants on 3/28 for Retro Day at Magic Mountain…and a $35 ticket.
25. April Fools! Ski for $1 at Waterville, 1/2 off at Mad River Glen, or 2 for 1 at Bromley.
26. Ski Butternut lets you ride for $20 every single day in April, including weekends.
27. Ride free on your birthday. Because it’s your special day.
28. Ski Mt. Hood Skibowl for free on 3/20 when you bring four cans of food.
29. Stop by Pinnacle Sports and grab a cheap ticket for their Customer Appreciation Days.
30. Dress up in any costume at Shawnee and get a free ticket on 3/22.
31. Hey ladies! Most areas offer a midweek ladies specials. Check the calendar to find one.
32. Roll back the clock at Mad River with $3.50 tickets on 1/27 or Cranmore with $3.30 tix on 1/9.
33. East Coasters — make sure you’re hitting all the 2 for 1 deals in New England.
34. Cram as many people into your vehicle and carpool to the mountain. Go Mother Nature!
35. $9.93 tickets at Jack Frost on 1/9 for a radio station promo.
36. Boston college kids can pile into a Zipcar and take it to Waterville in January. $30 tickets and free rentals.
37. Get a business card and take advantage of Business Person Day during the midweek.
38. Never been on the hill? January is Learn to Ski and Ride Month. 23 states offering super deals on tickets, rentals, and lessons.
39. Grab a button from the Point and get cheap days in Vermont.
40. You already know about the fifty gallon drums of peanut butter you can get at Costco, but did you know they also sell discounted lift tickets?
41. Test drive a Chevy and get a free lift ticket to Alpine Meadows. Sounds easy enough.
42. Frequency Card at Big Sky. $130 dollars gets you seven free days at the end of the season…and it has been dumping out there all year.
43. Bromley hooks mothers up on 2/6 with a $15 ticket…or ski with two kids on Fridays for only $75.
44. More gas station hookups. Buy 10 gallons of gas at Phillips 66, get a 2 for 1 voucher good at Monarch, Copper, Powderhorn, or Winter Park.
45. The Weekend Xtender at Mt. Rose gives you Monday or Friday free when you pay for Saturday and Sunday. Or to break it down — $128 for three days.
46. Discounted tickets in the West if you belong to REI.
47. Pico Mountain has E-specials on their site. This week they’re selling 24 tickets for $24 each.
48. Ski Chalet customer appreciation days: Thursday 1/15 $2 Timberline, WV; Thursday 1/22 $10 Wisp, Md; Thursday 2/5 $15 Liberty Mtn, PA; Thursday 2/12 Whitetail, PA $15.
49. The Zumiez bonus pack is a steal for $25. Comes with a 2 for 1 at Heavenly, t-shirt, and a DVD. Gift the goodies, keep the twofer for yourself. You deserve it.
50. The Snow Junkies. Enough said.